[Mimedefang] mimedefang-multiplexor slave segfaults

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Oct 26 08:57:48 EDT 2007

Whit Blauvelt wrote:

> Thanks David. Now, since this isn't dumping core on its own, what's the
> procedure to force that? I've looked around, but can't find a description of
> forcing a core dump that fits this context.

Probably system daemons are configured not to dump core with a "ulimit -c 0"
somewhere.

You can turn this off by putting the following command in the MIMEDefang
startup script right before the multiplexor is invoked:

	       ulimit -c unlimited

That should force the creation of a core file when the multiplexor
segfaults.  One wrinkle is that depending on where it segfaults, the
current directory might not be writable, so you should change directories
to /var/spool/MIMEDefang before invoking the init script to restart
MIMEDefang.