[Mimedefang] Error: Check you filter rules....

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Oct 12 04:16:15 EDT 2007

On Mar 4,  4:21am, nus4u at gmx.net wrote:
}
} I ve got some error Msgs where i don t have any solution to
} fix them:
}
} #################
} Oct  8 15:20:39 asgw01 mimedefang-multiplexor[1454]: Slave 2 stderr: MIME::Parser: can't close: No space left on device at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/MIME/Parser.pm line 874.
} ###############
}
} In Mimedefang i use only the funcion filter_recipient for grey- and
} whitelisting.  /var/spool/MIMEDefang is on a tmpfs Filesystem with 50
} MB ( which seems to be enough because not the whole msg is written
} there!) When i look with "df" max 1-2% are used.

     Actually, multiple copies of the whole message is written there
(along with any other messages being processed at the same time).  50
MB isn't nearly enough.  You should have maxmsgsize * maxnumber of msgs
* 3.  I trimmed out the irrelevant error messages.  The one left is
quite explicit.

}-- End of excerpt from nus4u at gmx.net