[Mimedefang] recipient filter and rbl's

Paul Houselander housey at sme-ecom.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 10:02:59 EST 2007

Hi

My mailserver acts as a gateway to a few MS exchange systems and im using
mimedefang to reject invalid recipients.

I also use the spamhaus rbl within sendmail (FEATURE(`dnsbl..... etc...) the
order seems to be 1st: rbl check -> 2nd: mimedefang, is there anyway of
changing it so mimedefang checks the recipient before to the rbl i.e. only
valid recipients e-mail will be checked against the rbl?

I want to cut down on what I request from spamhaus and the majority of the
spamhaus hits are to invalid users.

Cheers

Paul