[Mimedefang] Logging Issue

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Mon Nov 12 13:04:25 EST 2007

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Jeff Grossman wrote:
>
>> I am not using md_openlog() at all.  I just checked my filter files and
>
> I'd try to call md_openlog() to explizitly assign a tag name.
>
> Bye,
>
> - --
> Steffen Kaiser

I tried adding md_openlog('mimedefang.pl', 'mail') to my mimedefang-filter
and it still lists the process as "check".  Also, I had to change my
syslog to send local3 to my maillog because all of the lines which say
"check" were being sent to the local3 facility and not the mail facility.

This is very weird.  This was not a problem on my Gentoo system.
Something is definitely configured differently on my Debian system though.
 I just need to figure out what it is.

Thanks,
Jeff