[Mimedefang] Problem with multipart/alternative

Paul Murphy Paul.Murphy at argentadiscovery.com
Fri Nov 23 04:32:34 EST 2007

Ingeborg,

The permissions and ownerships on the folders look OK to me, and the
fact that the Work folder is created correctly is a good sign that all
is well with the file system.

One thought -

> mimedefang-multiplexor[13330]: Slave 23 stderr:
MIME::Body::File->open
> Work/msg-13330-29.wmv: No such file or directory at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/MIME/Body.pm line 435.

The incoming file is a Windows video - the size is likely to be large,
so is this problem only happening with attachments over a certain size?
Could it be filling the spool disk, or hitting a limit somewhere?

Also, beware of on-access virus scanning if you have it enabled, as the
A/V scans can delete infected files before MD manages to open them,
giving this sort of error.

Best Wishes,

Paul.

Paul Murphy