[Mimedefang] Logging Issue

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Sun Nov 11 20:57:07 EST 2007

I am still having one issue with MIMEDefang logging since I moved to
Debian a few weeks ago.  My logs always say that input is coming from
"check" instead of "mimedefang.pl".  Does anybody have any ideas?  What
is weird, is that if I restart MIMEDefang it works correctly for one or
two lines and then changes.  Here is a log excerpt for the same mail.

Nov 11 17:52:16 apple mimedefang.pl[9796]: greylist: white; 0;
70.103.162.*; x; *@stikman.com;
Nov 11 17:52:21 apple check[9796]: MDLOG,NOQUEUE,mail_in,,,<x>,<x>,Re:
Telnet/SSH Terminal Help

The same process (number 9796) is logging to syslog, but one comes over
as mimedefang.pl and the other comes over as check.  Very weird.

Jeff