[Mimedefang] MIMEdefang and Spamd/Spamc

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Sat Nov 10 18:13:41 EST 2007

I have been getting incredible amounts of spam lately, so much so that
my server is actually being overwhelmed and mail is not being delivered.
I found an article on the Mimedefang Kwiki about using Spamd with
Mimedefang to help decrease the load on the server. Also, it seems many
of my rules are just being ignored, SARE rules in particular. Folks at
the SpamAssassin site say I need to use Spamd to get full advantage of
SA's rules. I have added the modifications I found in the kwiki and I
thought it was working, but I keep getting error messages about
"malformed_spamc_report". It seems the spamc report is not being read by
mimedefang-filter. Can any one offer a suggestion on how to correct
this? Or maybe another solution?

I'm running MIMEDefang 2.63, SpamAssassin 3.23 and CLamav 0.92 on
Slackware with Kernel 2.6.14.

Thanks, Rick Knight