[Mimedefang] Socket File

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Wed May 23 14:56:44 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 10:40 -0400, Daniel Aquino wrote:
> During startup I get the error:
>
> WARNING: Xmimdedefang: local socket name
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock missing

What version of MIMEDefang and which distro? I'm just now using 2.62 on
Ubuntu Dapper. (I recompiled the package from gutsy.) I see this happen
on bootup and if I stop the daemon and then start in a script. A restart
seems to be fine. If I encounter the problem, /etc/init.d/mimedefang
restart will fix it. It's baffling. It didn't do this with whichever
2.5x I was running on my machines previously (on Fedora Core 4).

Richard