[Mimedefang] RBL and DNS lookups

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Wed May 9 20:43:38 EDT 2007

On 9 May 2007 at 17:49, Daniel Aquino wrote:

> > Yes, there is system overhead in performing RBL checks.
>
> I'm just worried about the thousands of emails that come in all the
> time that are spam...  An they sit around in your memory timing out
> because of dns lookups...

One of the great things about MIMEDefang is that you can add filtering
that occurs long before SpamAssassin is ever run.  For me, SA gets run
for about 30% of the connections that come in because of greylisting,
HELO filtering, etc.

If I added exceptions to some known good things (like mail to this list
and some of the Yahoo groups), I'd probably only need to run SA on 10%
of the incoming mail.

--
Jeff Rife | "You fell victim to one of the classic blunders,