[Mimedefang] "Command unrecognized" when doing tempfail

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Wed May 30 18:55:50 EDT 2007

> What I do is to execute action_tempfail() from filter_end(), then I do some
> internal processing (log, stats, etc) and then filter_end() returns.
>
> Also, I don't return any value from filter_end(), sould I return any special
> value?

No, that doesn't matter.

I assumed you are using filter_relay, filter_sender and/or filter_recipient.
These functions return a specific value to signal sendmail what action
to take.

for filter_begin, filter_multipart, filter, and filter_end, the return
value is ignored.

> Its ok to do not exits filter_end() just after calling action_tempfail()?

Sure.

> Will add some md_syslog() and post aditional info.

That always helps - knowing why your own filter decided to do something.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!