[Mimedefang] Re: OT: Q: How to use cyrus with direct (sub)mailbox, delivery

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sun May 27 23:53:54 EDT 2007

Yizhar Hurwitz wrote:
> HI.
>

>> From: Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com>
>> If a message comes in for philipp_subx, and the list-id is
>> fedora-list.lists.redhat.com, then the original recipient
>> gets deleted and I add in "philipp+Lists.fedora-list" instead.
>>

> I don't know the answer to your problem,
> but I think that a better approach will be to use cyrus sieve
> scripts for subfolder delivery instead of mimedefang.
> What do you think?
>
> Yizhar Hurwitz
> http;//yizhar.mvps.org

I was hoping to go with mechanically generated filters
from simple tables... but the creative use of M4 solved
the generation issue.

The other issue was that users don't have shells on
the mailserver...

But we came up with a creative workaround for this,
and other than the syntax for Sieve being a little...
um... awkward, we got sieve up and running...  though
some of the filters still don't work and I'm not sure why.

-Philip