[Mimedefang] MimeDefang Framework

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:46:55 EDT 2007

On 5/25/07, Daniel Aquino <mr.danielaquino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone ever thought about making mimdefang into more of a framework ?
>
> Everything is shoved into one giant mimdefang.pl script!!!
>
> Imagine mimedefang structured like some of these big web frameworks
> today such as Catalyst, Ror...
>
> We support for tests and environments and a console etc...
>
> Anyone else think so ?

Similar ideas have been discussed on the list before.  See, e.g.,
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2005-May/026904.html.
 Jan Pieter Cornet wrote a sample implementation of a modular filter
(with each type of check or scan going in its own module) at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~johnpc/mimedefang-modular/.  His approach seems
good to me, but I've never really pursued it for my own MIMEDefang
installation due to lack of time and lack of an urgent need; I would
guess that others face a similar lack of time.

Josh Kelley