[Mimedefang] Re: SPAM/HAM Trap

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue May 22 17:18:41 EDT 2007

Daniel Aquino spake the following on 5/22/2007 1:26 PM:
>> Yizhar raises some valid points about collecting the messages.  If the
>> goal is to only collect the data for Bayes analysis, collect only the
>> words (or word pairs, or triplets or whatever) and their number of
>> occurances.  There would be less concern over mail snooping doing this
>> than if the entire message is archived.
>
> I don't understand what you been by just saving the word pairs and what
> not...
You could collect the mail to a temporary folder/file, sa-learn against it and
then delete it. I think it has already been established that machine
processing is not an invasion of any privacy laws. No human looks at it, no
one is compromised.
That is until computers get smart enough to start blackmailing people. "Buy me
a new hard drive or I'll show your boss the e-mails you sent to his wife!"

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and