[Mimedefang] SPAM/HAM Trap

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Mon May 21 09:32:06 EDT 2007

> I would like to add some scripting to mimedefang to create copies of
> spam/ham so I could collect a nice sized database to perform bayes
> training on...
[snip]
> Any way I have a feeling adding a custom function to make a mbox
> formated copy of the email in mimedefang-filter and calling it just
> after spam assassin runs would be trivial...

Yizhar raises some valid points about collecting the messages.  If the
goal is to only collect the data for Bayes analysis, collect only the
words (or word pairs, or triplets or whatever) and their number of
occurances.  There would be less concern over mail snooping doing this
than if the entire message is archived.

Depending on the organization, you might want to run it by the legal
department too.  They might have concerns about collecting all the emails.
 Such info could be subject to discovery during legal procedings if they
were known. At least here in the US, likely in other countries too.