[Mimedefang] DNS Lookups in MD - Was RBL and DNS lookups

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed May 16 09:49:48 EDT 2007

> There is *no* single rule in SA 3.1.7 through 3.2.0 that scores 5
> points or more positive (i.e., that can mark an e-mail as spam by
> itself) in the default configuration other than GTUBE and the
> "blacklist" rules, and the blacklists are empty in the default config.
>
> Perhaps you should check things a bit more carefully before you start
> stating things as if they are official policy of the SpamAssassin
> Project Management Committee.

I said the statement was misleading not wrong.

Anything greater than 5 is an extreme score outside of the normal threshold.  There are plugins that score at these extremes though as you point out they are ham rules.  But the point is that there are rules outside of the Rule QA process that do exceed the normal threshold.

Again though, if you feel this strongly about things, join the project.  Redirect your energy into something that stops spammers.

Regards,
KAM