[Mimedefang] DNS Lookups in MD - Was RBL and DNS lookups

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue May 15 18:04:43 EDT 2007

> No, that's exactly how SA is designed.  No one rule can ever mark a
> message as spam (using the default scores).  And, if a lot of rules
> hit, your confidence level goes way up about it being spam.

As a SA PMC member, this is a misleading statement.

Some of the similar network tests including SPF and DKIM/Domain Keys do mark
extreme scores beyond the default threshold.  See rules/50_scores.cf.

And I consider the PTR rules to be along the same vein of a plugin like SPF
and Domain keys and hence the rules that are on the extremes outside of the
standard threshold of 5.0 are acceptable.

Regards,
KAM