[Mimedefang] &function() considered bad style - vim colouring

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Fri May 11 19:25:19 EDT 2007

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 12:59:38AM +0200, Jan-Pieter Cornet wrote:
> > BTW, I'm not sure I completely understand why &'s are bad for function
> > calls.  I don't use them because that is how Perl4 worked.  I use them
> > because it makes the highlighting in VIM-Enhanced work better ;-)

:syn match perlFunction /\<[[:alnum:]_:]\+(/hs=s,he=e-1

There. No more reason for you to use &function() now :)

(put that line into the file $HOME/.vim/after/syntax/perl.vim and
it will take effect automatically. Create directories and files
if necessary).

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!