[Mimedefang] RBL and DNS lookups

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Fri May 11 07:35:38 EDT 2007

On 10 May 2007 at 9:40, Daniel Aquino wrote:

> > One of the great things about MIMEDefang is that you can add filtering
> > that occurs long before SpamAssassin is ever run.  For me, SA gets run
> > for about 30% of the connections that come in because of greylisting,
> > HELO filtering, etc.
>
> Well SA is pretty fast I was referring to long dns lookups....

You really shouldn't have to do any DNS lookups until you run SA.
Sendmail will have already done a reverse lookup on the connecting IP
address (available in $RelayHostname), so there's nothing much else to
look up.

> But is there any documentation on doing
>   reverse->forward lookups,
> and
>   rbl lookups
> in mimedefang?

Try "man perl" and read what that page references.

--
Jeff Rife |

http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/RhymesWithOrange/ObedienceFinal.jpg