[Mimedefang] RBL and DNS lookups

Daniel Aquino mr.danielaquino at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:49:07 EDT 2007

> It's relative.  Yes, it takes a few seconds to deliver the emails.

I don't mind a few second delay...

> Yes, there is system overhead in performing RBL checks.

I'm just worried about the thousands of emails that come in all the
time that are spam...  An they sit around in your memory timing out
because of dns lookups...

> I do run caching nameservers for all of the RBL checking

Would I need a special dns daemon hanging around for doing just this task ?

> in some cases, I run local mirrors of the entire RBL.

How do you achieve this?  And to me it sounds more like your
downloading an entire list of dns all at once instead of caching
entries only as they are requested...

Are your local mirrors still accessed behind a dns server?