[Mimedefang] Truncated connections causing multiple resends onincoming mail

Kimmo Jaskari kimmo.jaskari at eget.fi
Mon May 7 04:53:34 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 17:13 -0400, Jeff Rife wrote:

> It runs Fedora 6 as an MX server (MIMEDefang, etc.), CentOS for some

Personally I wouldn't run a Linux server for just about anything these
days except if there was some sort of niche that had to be filled - some
software that was Linux only, perhaps; Solaris 10 just works so darn
well and has outstanding features like the service management facility,
ZFS, Zones etc that there just seems to be no reason to run anything
else.

(I figure since there was already a hardware spat, why not an OS
one? ;-)

Anyway, to get somewhat back to the topic; my machine(s) have been
running nicely over the weekend with uvscan instead of Clam. Load is
higher but so is throughput (and we're only talking about 0.5-0.6, so
not very loaded at all.)

I do notice that uvscan doesn't seem to be catching things like phishing
where Clam did - but obviously I'll need beefier hardware to run clam, I
mean 90 seconds to do a simple scan is obviously unacceptable.

/Kimmo