[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin 3.2.0 and re2c speedup

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Thu May 3 06:07:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

> Has anyone played with SA3.2.0 and the "sa-compile" program to see
> if it really makes that much difference?  One poster claimed
> "two orders of magnitude" which is quite astonishing.

Yes, I did some tests, because we really have tons of body rules
(we have 2.5MB local rule sets).

But the CPU time did not change at all, and the scan time depends
heavily on network based tests.

Next thing would be to turn of network based tests to see if it
really helps, but after the tests I made myself, we will not
use it.

--
Martin