[Mimedefang] Cleaning up antivirus integration

Paul Murphy Paul.Murphy at argentadiscovery.com
Thu May 3 05:21:35 EDT 2007

I use Clamav (clamdscan) plus NAI uvscan.

I'd agree with the other comments - a simple interface with configuration options to allow parallel scanning, minimum number of scanners to pass the message, fail on any one identifying it as a virus, and tempfail if less than the minimum number responded.

If we can also run our current filter unchanged, that's a bonus, albeit a minor one - if the functionality or reliability improvements are substantial enough, I'll rewrite to take advantage of them.

Paul.

Paul Murphy
Head of I.T.
Argenta Discovery