[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin and using a local SpamHaus zone DNS server

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Thu Mar 29 09:50:07 EDT 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Stephen Johnson wrote:

> Ooo. A situation I can address. We subscribe to SpamHaus. I've got a
> local caching DNS server configure on my mail heads that they use. I
> added a zone forward for my local DNS zone pointing to my back-end
> servers. The backend servers are running rbldnsd with the Spamhaus data,

   Yes, that is exactly what I am running here.

   So basically you just copy the default SpamAssassin rules that call
SpamHaus into your local SA rules file (changing the zone), and having
them in the local file overrides the default rule?  That makes sense,
thanks!

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville