[Mimedefang] Question on placement of filter_helo & other function

David Reta DavidR at Narus.com
Wed Mar 21 15:22:35 EDT 2007

David,

Thanks for the help. After reading the man pages, It looks simple
enough. I assume I just need to define the functions, return what is
expected, and set MX_HELO_CHECK=yes & MX_RECIPIENT_CHECK=yes. Then
mimedefang will pickup that the functions are there and the code will be
executed. Is there anything I might be missing?

Also I see that filter_recipient is passed $recipients. What happens if
there are multiple addressess (some to a user in our domain and some not
in our domain) I need to check against? Could I cast @recipients and
process each element?

Sorry for all the questions, I just started working with mimedefang and
I find it very useful in what my company would like to implement.

Thanks,
David