[Mimedefang] Make Relay Servers Queue

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Mar 28 11:09:21 EDT 2007

Bob Covell wrote:

> Yes, they do validate recipients with the backend servers.  So some sort of
> "ping" needs to go before this to validate that the servers are there?  If
> not queue it?  I assume the queue would have to be initiated by MD, correct?

The simplest thing is to modify your filter so that if it gets a tempfail
back from md_check_against_smtp_server, it returns "CONTINUE" instead.
Something like:

my($code, $msg) = md_check_against_smtp_server(...);
if ($code eq 'TEMPFAIL') {
   # Convert a TEMPFAIL to a CONTINUE so we queue if back-end server
   # is having trouble
   return('CONTINUE', 'OK');
}
return ($code, $msg);