[Mimedefang] Rejecting Mails for More Than 3 Unknown Users

imacat imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw
Wed Mar 28 05:50:03 EDT 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:00:09 -0500
Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:
> imacat wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:40:05 -0400
> > Joseph Brennan <brennan at columbia.edu> wrote:
> >> --On Tuesday, March 27, 2007 13:10 +0800 imacat <imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw>
> >> wrote:
> >> Put this in sendmail.mc and generate sendmail.cf.  Test it.
> >> LOCAL_RULESETS
> >> SLocal_check_rcpt
> >> R$*                 $: $1 $| $( arith l $@ $&{nbadrcpts} $@ 3 $)
> >> R$* $| FALSE        $#error $: 450 Too many bad recipients

    I have tested it.  It does work even without Milter.  Thank you very
much.  This solves a major problem of mine.  Although I can still not
reject mails that have good users in the first 3.  I guess I'll have to
wait MIMEDefang to support SMFIP_RCPT_REJ.

    I have searched the web.  It appears to be a new feature introduced
in Sendmail 8.13.

> define(`confBAD_RCPT_THROTTLE',`2')dnl
> this will slow 'em down too.

    I would like to.  But we have old domains and extremly busy servers
overwhelmed by millions of spam daily.  We are suffering from high
server load all the time with MaxDaemonChildren always hit.  I really
cannot slow them down there, but only wish them go away ASAP so the 1%
important real mails can come in at time.

    But thank you for this important information anyway.  Maybe I can
implement it on my less-busy servers.

--
imacat ^_*'
imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw