[Mimedefang] Rejecting Mails for More Than 3 Unknown Users

imacat imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw
Tue Mar 27 15:09:40 EDT 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:40:05 -0400
Joseph Brennan <brennan at columbia.edu> wrote:
> --On Tuesday, March 27, 2007 13:10 +0800 imacat <imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw>
> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >     Hi.  This is imacat from Taiwan.  Is it possible to reject mails for
> > more than 3 unknown users, to fight against dictionary attacks?
> Put this in sendmail.mc and generate sendmail.cf.  Test it.
> LOCAL_RULESETS
> SLocal_check_rcpt
> R$*                 $: $1 $| $( arith l $@ $&{nbadrcpts} $@ 3 $)
> R$* $| FALSE        $#error $: 450 Too many bad recipients

    That's amazing.  I like clean and neat solutions that won't give
too much possibility for bugs and exceptions.

    I shall give it a try.  Thank you very much for this.  (Though I'm
still waiting for MIMEDefang to support SMFIP_RCPT_REJ.)

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw>

Tavern IMACAT's: http://www.imacat.idv.tw/