[Mimedefang] Rejecting Mails for More Than 3 Unknown Users

Paul Murphy Paul.Murphy at argentadiscovery.com
Tue Mar 27 06:04:38 EDT 2007

>     However, this does not work on my real mail servers.  The unknown
> local recipients do not even visit filter_recipient().  I do not know if
> this is a new situation of Sendmail 8.14.0.  Is this idea working on the
> real final mail servers?

Yes, but you need to ensure that recipient checking is configured on these servers as well.  Check your mimedefang configuration and startup files to ensure that MX_RECIPIENT_CHECK is set to YES or that you specifically pass the -t flag to mimedefang on startup.

>    Grepping the MIMEDefang 2.61 source I did not see anything about
> this SMFIP_RCPT_REJ.  So, does this mean that MIMEDefang is not
> supporting this in 2.61 yet?

Correct - I believe it is coming in the next release.

Paul.

Paul Murphy
Head of I.T.
Argenta Discovery