[Mimedefang] Rejecting Mails for More Than 3 Unknown Users

imacat imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw
Tue Mar 27 05:31:48 EDT 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:56:30 +0100
"Paul Murphy" <Paul.Murphy at argentadiscovery.com> wrote:
> >    Hi.  This is imacat from Taiwan.  Is it possible to reject mails for
> > more than 3 unknown users, to fight against dictionary attacks?
> Yes.
> Code snippets attached below - your implementation will be different, so check these carefully, and make sure you define your own function or test to indicate whether an address is valid.

    Thank you. ^^;  Well, I thought I have asked a stupid question.  In
fact I have just done this at my mail gateway.  It seems to be working.

    However, this does not work on my real mail servers.  The unknown
local recipients do not even visit filter_recipient().  I do not know if
this is a new situation of Sendmail 8.14.0.  Is this idea working on the
real final mail servers?

--
imacat ^_*'
imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw