[Mimedefang] Rejecting Mails for More Than 3 Unknown Users

imacat imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw
Tue Mar 27 01:10:28 EDT 2007

Dear all,

    Hi.  This is imacat from Taiwan.  Is it possible to reject mails for
more than 3 unknown users, to fight against dictionary attacks?

    I have thought about this in 2 ways,

     1. In filter_recipient(), if there are already 3 unknown recipients,
drop all the following recipients.

     2. In case of a mail got through because a valid user is the first
one in 20 tries, in filter_begin() check that more than 3 recipients are
rejected and reject this mail.

    How can I implement this, i.e., keep track of the number of
recipients rejected between RCPT TO commands?

--
imacat ^_*'
imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw
PGP Key: http://www.imacat.idv.tw/me/pgpkey.txt