[Mimedefang] Spamassassin Integration Question

mimedefang-admin at spiresfamily.com mimedefang-admin at spiresfamily.com
Fri Mar 23 13:44:02 EDT 2007

I've been using MIMEDefang for about 6months exclusively to do a recipient
check against my Cyrus LMTP mailbox store.

I would now like to disable my spamass-milter and use MIMEDefang, and if
all I wanted to do was swap 1 for 1 I'm sure I could figure it out form the
archives and MIMEDefang Documentation.

However, I'd like to do a couple things extra.

I would like to allow authenticated messages to be sent form the server
without Spam or Virus tags added to the message.  (Again I've seen plenty
of examples of how to do this).

However, I would still like to have the message scanned and I would like to
be notified if the message being sent out would be flagged as spam.  This
way if one of my users is sending spam I would know, or more likely if one
of my users is sending valid messages that would be tagged as spam I could
help correct they way they compose their message or work with them to get
their messages not tagged as spam.

Is this reasonable, or should I just ignore 'authenticated' senders sending
messages?

Many thanks in advance!

-Tyler