[Mimedefang] Question on placement of filter_helo & other function

David Reta DavidR at Narus.com
Wed Mar 21 14:06:25 EDT 2007

To combat the impersonating of our domain and IP's I am in the process
of implementing filter_helo. Should this be placed in
/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter or /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl?

On another note I will also be implementing a function that discards
mail sent to invalid addresses. We gets lots of spam sent to invalid
addresses. This will be done by keeping a table of valid smtp addresses
which are retreived via ldap from our domain controllers. Should I call
this function from filter_begin? If so is @Recipents passed to
filter_begin.

Thanks,
David

This email and attachments may contain Narus, Inc. confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, contact the sender immediately and delete all instances of this email and attachments.