[Mimedefang] Current state of Mimedefang and Clamd

John john at jjgb.com
Thu Mar 15 20:01:28 EDT 2007

At 05:10 PM 3/15/2007, you wrote:
>  >

> > So, I'm still seeing all sorts of "had to revert" messages on
> > the clamav
> > list, but I don't know how many of them apply to my exact situation.
> >
> > I use mimedefang with clamd, on mac os 10.3.9 and solaris 8.  Anyone
> > know of any issues with upgrading to the current clamav?

.90 for me was okay, but needed Dave's patch for that pdf/zip issue, but
.91 seems to be doing fine with the PDF option disabled.

I run a ton of machines, all Gentoo.  Sparc64, Amd64, Amd Athlon 32bit, X86
Dell PE's and none have given me difficulties (yet) with .91 (Compiled from
source, not emerged pkgs.).

John Jaeger
System Administrator
OneEighty Communications

(888) 342-5987
(406) 294-4034
Email: jjaeger at OneEighty.com

"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."
    - Unknown