[Mimedefang] clamd statility issues?

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 02:23:07 EST 2007

On 3/7/07, Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser at cactus.fi.uba.ar> wrote:
> orry for the slightly OT
>
> I'm having some serious stability issues runing MD + clamd + SA on
> FreeBSD boxes.
>
> Every couple of days, clamd dies for no aparent reason and MD starts
> tempfailing the messages with "problem running virus-scanner"
>
> This happens on some old 4.11 as well as in some 5.x ones. I tried updating
> clamav but it didn't help.
>
> Is there anyone else who's seeing this? would it help If I switched from
> clamd to clamscan?

Yeah, if you take a look at the clamav mailing lists you'll see that
there's some pretty major problems being seen by a lot of people.
That said, I've not yet had any problems, though I'm using it for
pretty low traffic volumes (a few hundreds of emails a day).

The port should be updated to 0.90.1 soon and indicators on the
freebsd-stable list is that the latest port (0.90_3) should be ok too
(as it fixes some issues to do with the threading libraries used).

A lot of people have gone back to the 0.8x series until things improve.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor