[Mimedefang] Cloning/Splitting Mail at SMTP level

Roland Pope rpope at jadeworld.com
Tue Mar 6 20:01:39 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Mikesell" <les at futuresource.com>
> David F. Skoll wrote:
> > Sure.  Pseudocode in filter_end:
> >
> > foreach my $recip (@Recipients) {
> > add_recipient(localpart($recip) . '@test.example.com');
> > }
> >
> > You then configure a box to accept mail for "test.example.com"
>
> Is anyone doing something like this to have archive/backup copies or
> comply with email retention regulations?  In that case you'd have to
> treat local and remote recipients differently.

Yes, I am. I generating one hash lookup table of all mailboxes that require
a copy to be made.
After resolving all my aliases to a mailbox, I add_recipient for
'mailbox'@copydomain.com if I find it in my hash table.
Naturally, I only apply this to domains I am accepting email for and I don't
allow mailbox LHS clashes across my different domains.
It gets a little more complex without that restriction.

Cheers
Roland