[Mimedefang] Plug-in to transcode messages

Kees Theunissen theuniss at rijnh.nl
Tue Mar 6 19:00:22 EST 2007

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Philip Prindeville wrote:

>There's no point in maintaining the integrity of a
>message if it can't be delivered, or won't be read.

And what's the point in transcoding a cyrillic or japanese charset
into different encoded _but still cyrillic or japanese_ chars?
Do you realy expect to be able to read the message afterwards?
Are you perhaps also looking for a plugin to _translate_ the message?

>Those come first.

What first comes if someone wants to communicate with me is the
selection _by the sender of the message_, of a common language.
If someone sends me an unreadable message (s)he has probably
no intention to communicate with me in particular. It's simply
cheaper to spam the whole world instead of only addressing the
intended audience.
Transcoding a message doesn't change that. It's just a big waste
of CPU cycles in my opinion.

Regards,

Kees.

--
Kees Theunissen
F.O.M.-Institute for Plasma Physics Rijnhuizen, Nieuwegein, Netherlands