[Mimedefang] Cloning/Splitting Mail at SMTP level

Jeremy Phillips jeremy at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 12:41:52 EST 2007

Hello all!

    I've just subscribed to this mailing list to receive help with the
MIMEDefang process and to see if anyone has came across the current
scenario that I have.
We currently have a decent amount of customers on our mailing system.
Our spam has decreased some since the application of our spam appliance
but would like to test
issues further with comparing spam messages tag as spam to the original
email it originated from.  Obviously this would be a per user basis as
we have honey pots that continually get new spam.

    After a couple hours of searching on the Internet I've come up with
this mailing list, and was wondering if anyone has used MIMEDefang in an
application similar to this situation?  Can MIMEDefang do these
processes at the SMTP level so mail that comes in get's scanned by our
spam appliance, and also send to another external account for analysis?
Thanks to all in advance

Jeremy Phillips
Unix Administrator
Cass Internet