[Mimedefang] GPLv3

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Jun 29 22:38:04 EDT 2007

On Nov 19,  4:03pm, "David F. Skoll" wrote:
}
} MIMEDefang is currently licensed under the GPL v2 (only).  I am
} considering making the next release GPL v3; I'm trying to absorb
} the GPL3 text now.
}
} Any comments/concerns/questions/objections?

     I've only looked over a draft and haven't had time to look over
the released version.  Personally, I'm not fond of the restrictions in
GPLv2, but since MIMEDefang is the basis of a commercial product I can
understand you wanting the extra protection.  However, I'm really not
fond of the extra restrictions in GPLv3 and think it moves quite far
from the spirit of open source programming.  As a discussion starter, I
will leave you with this:
http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/317/ .

}-- End of excerpt from "David F. Skoll"