[Mimedefang] Re: Spam/Ham Backup ?

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:41:17 EDT 2007

HI.

> From: "Deadly Methods" <fskn.methods at gmail.com>
> Is there anyway I could send a copy of the message + sa report/score
> to my spam/ham trap ?
>
> Without modifying the original message which is sent to the user?

Here are some comments:

* Attaching the spamassasin report isn't a good idea for the ham/spam trap,
because it is dificult to remove it later for training.
It is better to add headers that have the wanted information instead -
that way it will not confuse the end user.

* You can save the messages in the quarantine using
action quarantine_entire_message
then you can also save the SA report as additional file in the
quarantine directory.
but then you will need some kind of interface to use it instead of a
regular MUA
(I have built my own interface for that).

* Anyway - you should be aware that a ham trap is actualy a journal of
all the emails,
so you should notify your users that you are collecting the emails for
spam training.
Depending on your organization, maybe they will not like the idea,
so at the minimum your bos must agree in advance.

Yizhar Hurwitz
http://yizhar.mvps.org