[Mimedefang] Help with SA within MD

scuba at centroin.com.br scuba at centroin.com.br
Fri Jun 15 11:44:21 EDT 2007

Hi all,

 	Something strange is happening with one of my MD boxes.
 	Maybe it should best addressed in a SA list, but as far as it's
used with MD, maybe someone could help me.

 	The problem is that when I enable SA in mimedefang-filter, the
multiplexor takes a lot more time to finish the message scan, and the
server starts to swap.

 	I.e: The normal (removing "spam_assassin_check()" from filter)
average/scan is about 290 ms with one or two salves busy.
 	With SA enabled, the scan takes from 30s to 70s. The number of
slaves hits the maximum.
 	Disable bayes checks, and set localtestonly, doesn't make
difference.

 	I would like some clue on how to track/debug this behavior.
 	I have two boxes with the same setup, but only one has the
problem.
 	My config is as follow:
 	FreeBSD 5.4, 1GB RAM.
 	MD 2.61
 	SA 3.2.0 (upgraded yesterday from ports)
 	PERL 5.8.5

 	The host that does not have the problem, is running FBSD 6.1 and
Perl 5.8.8, that's the basic difference.

- Marcelo