[Mimedefang] sender address of spam

Paul Murphy Paul.Murphy at argentadiscovery.com
Fri Jun 8 04:26:39 EDT 2007

>>> Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> 07/06/2007 23:06 >>>
> Has anyone else noticed in their sendmail logs the spam being tossed that's from
> senders like:

> <somedomain.com at someotherdomain.com>

Yes, although I had to go back and look to see that they were being sent, as I've never actually seen one arrive in a mailbox.

Almost all of them have HELO=localhost, and also fail SPF checks.  The few that get through have high spam scores, and generally come from clueless ISPs like 123reg.co.uk (part of Pipex), who are under increasing pressure to sort themselves out.

Paul.

Paul Murphy
Head of I.T.
Argenta Discovery