[Mimedefang] MD 2.62 sees clamscan but not clamd on configure?

Kimmo Jaskari kimmo.jaskari at eget.fi
Fri Jul 27 08:09:18 EDT 2007

Installing two new mailservers and have some issues with making MD "see"
clamd. I made several stupid mistakes with clam, for instance making
the /var/spool/MIMEDefang temp file system root only which of course
made it impossible for clam to run as it couldn't create a socket, and
that would surely have made MD break (or never run) too.

However, I have since sorted those things out and clamd runs fine, under
the "defang" user and group, and scans nicely with clamdscan. It creates
a pid-file in the proper place, and a sock file owned by the defang user
in he above directory, named clamd.sock, which is default in the
mimedefang.pl file as well.

However, when doing a ./configure --with-user=defang the configure
process sees clamscan, but not clamd - and it is the latter that I want
to use, obviously.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should check, off the top of
their heads? Thanks.

/Kimmo