[Mimedefang] Exchange2AccessPaged help?

Kimmo Jaskari kimmo.jaskari at eget.fi
Tue Jul 31 10:36:21 EDT 2007

I'm tired of all the spam with guessed addresses that comes in, goes to
the Exchange server and then goes back out, so I'm trying to set up a
way to block stuff at the gateway that isn't addressed to a valid user.

The Exchange2AccessPaged script is perfect for what I want to do, and it
works - sort of.

I set up the constants in the script and have no problem running it and
fetching a bunch of addresses, but roughly 300 lines in it dies.

In debug mode the script outputs to stdout, which is how I'm testing it;
the beginning of the output is generated fine, but towards the end I
get:

---
# group "a group"
to:a.group at example.com  OK

# person "Johnny Appleseed"

# person "John Q Public"
to:john.q.public at example.com        OK

Can't locate object method "get_value" via package
"Net::LDAP::Reference" at ./Exchange2AccessPaged line 235.
---

Now, since I'm pretty much a graduate of the not-so-renowned
Cut-and-Paste School of Perl Programming, that doesn't tell me as much
as I'd wish.

Could anyone offer some leads as to what is going wrong there? This
would otherwise be an ideal solution for me.

... in the hope that this is the proper forum to ask...

/Kimmo