[Mimedefang] PDF spam

Jason Bertoch jason at electronet.net
Fri Jul 27 13:02:29 EDT 2007

On Friday, July 27, 2007 12:45 PM Michael Sofka wrote:

> Does anybody on the list have experience with the Sanesecurity
> ClamAV virus signatures: http://sanesecurity.co.uk/.  I'm
> particularyinterested in their ability to block PDF spam.

Overall, I've had tremendous success with the Sanesecurity signatures, including
their ability to stop pdf spam.  I have also had a couple of false positives
where I'm still trying to identify the cause and notify the author.  If I get
any more, I'll probably have to run a second clam daemon, load the Sanesec sigs
there only, and use the SA clam plugin.

Jason A. Bertoch
Network Administrator
jason at electronet.net