[Mimedefang] MDLOG Problem

Mike Carlson mike at mcarlson.net
Tue Jul 24 15:56:33 EDT 2007

I am running into a slight problem with the MDLOG it seems to be adding
duplicate lines to the log file. Here is a sample:

Jul 24 12:34:23 hades mimedefang.pl[10701]:
MDLOG,l6OHYM2D012980,spam,8.952,70.241.254.162,<xktg at ppll.fsnet.co.uk>,<to
rres at domain.com>,You've received a greeting ecard from a Neighbour!

Jul 24 12:34:23 hades mimedefang.pl[10701]:
MDLOG,l6OHYM2D012980,mail_in,,,<xktg at ppll.fsnet.co.uk>,<torres at domain.com>
,You've received a greeting ecard from a Neighbour!

I assume its something I munged in the filter. Here is a snippet from the
mimedefang-filter. This is the only part I made mods to other than the
variables at the top.

    if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
        if (-s "./INPUTMSG" < 100*1024) {
            # Only scan messages smaller than 100kB.  Larger messages
            # are extremely unlikely to be spam, and SpamAssassin is
            # dreadfully slow on very large messages.
            my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
            my($score);
            if ($hits < 40) {
                $score = "*" x int($hits);
            } else {
                $score = "*" x 40;
            }

            # delete all inbound email if it scores higher than 11
            if ($hits >= 12) {
            #    md_graphdefang_log('spam', $hits, $RelayAddr);
                md_graphdefang_log('sa_discard_score', $hits, $RelayAddr);
            return action_discard();
            }

            # We add a header which looks like this:
            # The number of asterisks in parens is the integer part
            # of the spam score clamped to a maximum of 40.
            # MUA filters can easily be written to trigger on a
            # minimum number of asterisks...

            # We want to know what tests triggered the scores for each
email.
             action_change_header("X-Spam-Score", "$hits ($score)
$names");

            if ($hits >= $req) {
                #action_change_header("X-Spam-Score", "$hits ($score)
$names");
                action_change_header("Subject", "(SPAM) $hits $Subject");
                md_graphdefang_log('spam', $hits, $RelayAddr);

                # If you find the SA report useful, add it, I guess...
                action_add_part($entity, "text/plain", "-suggest",
                                "$report\n",
                                "SpamAssassinReport.txt", "inline");
            } else {
                # Delete any existing X-Spam-Score header?
                #action_delete_header("X-Spam-Score");
            }
        }
    }

    # I HATE HTML MAIL!  If there's a multipart/alternative with both
    # text/plain and text/html parts, nuke the text/html.  Thanks for
    # wasting our disk space and bandwidth...

    # If you want to strip out HTML parts if there is a corresponding
    # plain-text part, uncomment the next line.
    # remove_redundant_html_parts($entity);

    md_graphdefang_log('mail_in');

Any help is appreciated.