[Mimedefang] "Command unrecognized" when doing tempfail

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Jul 13 02:34:45 EDT 2007

Thanks for the info David.

Just for the records, I tested sending an email from a sendmail
behind a problematic Cisco, then I tempfailed the email and
noted that indeed the 4.3.1 code was received by the remote
sendmail and the email was in the queue for later delivery.

This confirms that at least sendmail (behind a problematic Cisco)
receive the tempfail code, I think all other MTA should receive it too.

So, the error reported by the Cisco seems only cosmetic on the
MTA running MD, because the tempfail code is reaching the
remote MTA. (crossing fingers for exchange ;) )

HTH
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.   | http://tinymailto.com/oliver