[Mimedefang] Greylisting++

Kees Theunissen theuniss at rijnh.nl
Mon Jul 9 22:58:45 EDT 2007

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, John Rudd wrote:

> I've often wondered about including the message-id in the tuple, as
> well as trying to track the same message-id coming from different
> senders, and whether or not that's a usable spam-sign.

In case of mailing list trafic you should be prepared to receive the
same message from two different envelope senders if someone replies
to your message with "To: list" and "Cc: you". In both cases the
"From:" message header will be the same, but you need to implement
greylisting after the SMTP DATA command to be able te inspect the
"From:" message header.

Regards,

Kees

--
Kees Theunissen
F.O.M.-Institute for Plasma Physics Rijnhuizen, Nieuwegein, Netherlands