[Mimedefang] Sender 'callback' Checks?

Simon Standley si at yacc.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 07:27:19 EDT 2007

Just wondering ...

are any of you doing 'callback' checks on sender address, either inside MimeDefang, or using smf-sav milter, or anything like that?

If so ... do you find it makes much difference if you're already running a 'tight' sendmail, with grey-listing, spamassassin, clamav with all the additional stuff (eg SaneSecurity lists) installed and a fairly comprehensively configured MimeDefang filter?

I've been running some tests with smf-sav running in front of mimedefang/spamassassin/clam, and as far as they've gone, they look pretty promising ... particularly re- taking weight off the heavier detection processes, such as spamassassin, anti-virus, etc.

Problem is I've found smf-sav itself is pretty buggy, so this almost certainly isn't the answer ... at least, not without some major time and effort.

Just trying to figure out what to do next ... :)

Thanks

Si.