[Mimedefang] Re: Filtering idea for stock pump&dumps

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Jul 3 13:59:23 EDT 2007

John Rudd <john at rudd.cc> wrote on 07/03/2007 01:50:22 PM:

> There is no such reality.  SMTP is a "best effort delivery" protocol,
> not a "constant and consistent" reliable delivery protocol.  Too few
> people actually know that, and thus have amazingly inappropriate
> expectations about email.

Amen brother!

I was in a training session for Lotus cc:Mail (long time ago) and one of
the other student related the story of the CEO saying cc:Mail had to be
like the lights, always on.  Then next day, they had a major power
failure.

Not only does email have to always go through, but it must always be
immediate too. :)