[Mimedefang] Off Topic: Refuse Null Sender

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Tue Jul 3 13:55:34 EDT 2007

I would like to point out that while this works, it's a bad idea.

It's an RFC violation to not accept mail from null senders.

Better to accept it and throw it away (probably still a violation of the
spirit of the RFC, but no on will know you're doing it, and thus wont
report you to the RFC-Ignorant blacklists).

Best yet: accept them and deliver them.  Let the user figure out how to
handle it.